Pedrigree Chart for Anna, Margo and Marian

Pedrigree Chart for Anna, Margo and Marian

Friday, February 4, 2011

#62 - Ezekiel Rutherford, Entry of his will in Will Book B, Morgan County, Illinois




These pages are from Morgan County, Illinois Will Book B, pages 233-235. The book is found in SLC at the Family History Library Film #1317859. The first page is Ezekiel Rutherford's will and the second two pages are testimony of the will and it's entry into probate. The third page says that Ezekiel died "on or about the 13th day of February" 1856, but his headstone states it was February 14, 1856. Notice that Willis Hubbs, Matilda's father, was one of the witnesses to the will.


Below is the transcription of the will of Ezekiel Rutherford.

Transcription:

I Ezekiel Rutherford of the County of Morgan and State of Illinois do hereby make and devise this my last Will and Testament in manner and form following to wit.

First It is my Will that my funeral expenses and all my just debts be fully paid.

Secondly, After the payment of such funeral expences [sic] and debts, I give devise and bequeath unto my son, Lloyd Rutherford the sum of five hundred and six dollars and my trunk and wearing apparel.

Thirdly, I give unto my daughter Elizabeth Hubbs my Bedstead.

Fourthly, I give and bequeath unto my son, David Rutherford one horse which he has now in his possession and my bed, bed clothes and cord.

Fifthly, I give and bequeath unto my Daughter, Mary Zachary my one horse wagon, the Lines and two Bridles the Said Wagon to be sold by my executors and the Money sent to her.

And Sixthly, I devise and bequeath unto my Grand Daughter, Rosetta Peterson the sum of fifty Dollars.

And Lastly I hereby Constitute and appoint my Grand Son John Hubbs Executor of this my Last Will and Testament revoking and annulling all former Wills by me made and ratifying and confirming this and no other to be my Last Will and Testament.

In Witness whereof I the Said Ezekiel Rutherford have hereunto set my hand and seal this 25th day of November in the year of our Lord One thousand Eighteen hundred and fifty five.

Ezekiel Rutherford    [Seal]

Signed Sealed published and declared by the Said Ezekiel Rutherford as and for his Last Will and Testament in presence [sic] of us who in his presence and in the presence of Each Other and at his request have subscribed our names as Witnesses thereto.

Ephraim Gard
Willis Hubbs

No comments:

Post a Comment